Indian Journal of Health Social Work
INSTRUCTION FOR AUTHORS
The “Indian Journal of Health Social Work” is a biannual E-journal which will be published in the month of January and July in every year. The Indian Journal of Health Social Work is an official publication of All India Association of Medical Social Work Professionals (AIAMSWP). The journal accepts original research work, review articles, case reports, commentary, forum, & brief communication related to social work practice in health care.
AIM AND SCOPE
The Indian Journal of Health Social Work is a forum for the publication, dissemination and debate of key ideas and researches focused to contemporary social work practice with individuals, couples, families, groups & community in the field of health care. It also presents innovations in theory, practice, evidence-based clinical & community researches, and interdisciplinary approaches. The Indian Journal of Health Social Work is committed for updating the clinical knowledge of practitioners, educators & researchers. The journal welcomes submissions from areas of medical & psychiatric social work and also from the other interdisciplinary subject related to healthcare fraternity.
TYPE OF ARTICLES
In this section some good quality information & reviews on pertinent topics can be published.
Original Research Papers :
Original Quantitative as well as qualitative research papers are published under this section.
Commentary & Invited articles:
In this section short article can be describes an author’s personal experience or view of a specific topic in the different areas. Unlike a review article, the author gives his own opinions and perspectives.
Ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged under this section.
This section contains reports of new/ interesting/ rare cases of clinical significance in the field of health care social work practice.
Under this section data from preliminary studies, studies done with smaller sample size and others short important topics are published.
Letters to the Editor:
Brief letter (maximum of 500 words. Including references, no tables & figures) will be considered under this section.
A. Title with author’s details
1. The title of the article should be bold, centered and type in normal size with 12 point and Times New Roman Font.
2. The author details should also be 12 point Times New Roman Font in normal size accordingly: full name, educational qualification designation, postal address, pin code email and mobile number.
B. Abstract and Keywords
1. Al l manuscript s and wr itten work must be accompanied by a brief abstract.
2. Abstract including key words must not exceed 500 words.
3. Author has to mention 3 to 6 keywords.
4. Abstract consists background, aims & objective, method , result, Conclusion & keywords
C. Contents of the Write up
1. The manuscript should be written in English & it should not exceed 5000 words (Five thousand).
2. material typed in 12 point-Times New Roman with line spacing of 1.5 and single column on standard A4 size paper.
3. All heading must be bold-faced, aligned left with 12 point-Times New Roman and sub-heading in 10 point.
4. Article tittles should be informative reflecting true sense of the manuscript and within two lines.
5. Tables should be included in a separate page, numbered with Arabic numerals and accompanied by short tittles at the top.
6. The authors should make sure that table and figures are referred to from the main text.
7. References should include a list of all articles and boo ks a t th e end o f th e paper. Ar range alphabetically by the author’ names and date of publication in parentheses. Author should follow APA style for reference list using.
8. Declaration of interest must be mentioned by the author at the submission. Any financial support should clearly be given before ‘reference’ in manuscript.
The journal is strictly against any unethical act of copying or plagiarism in any form. Plagiarism is said to have occurred when large portions of a manuscript have been copied from existing previously published resources. All manuscripts submitted for publication to the Indian Journal of Health Social Work will be cross-checked for plagiarism. Manuscripts found to be plagiarized during any stages of review are outrightly rejected and not considered for publication in the journal.
Authors note that manuscript cannot be withdrawn at any condition once it is accepted. The authors may not publish his/her manuscript anywhere else without the prior permission of the editor. The author warrants that his/her contribution is original. The Corresponding author accepts responsibility for publishing his/her manuscript/material on the behalf of any and all coauthors. Editor or Association is not responsible for any discrepancies or any conflict of interest arising out of manuscript.
The authors can submit their manuscripts as an attachment through e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.